Congrats, Job Well Done!
Believe it or not, the time to graduate has come! Early morning classes and nerve-racking presentations have led you to this moment. Now, it’s your time to shine. While the road ahead is still being paved, this is the time to celebrate all your accomplishments before the next phases. From graduation ceremony to your first job interview- and everything in between- here’s to your future!
You’re Off to Do BIG Things- Now What?
With your debut into the professional world, there are likely several goals you’re looking to accomplish professionally – but what about personally? Prior to the last 5-10 years, people rarely discussed matching personal values and goals with professional ones. However, aligning the two will be beneficial to your job search.
Some things to consider are:
- What does work-life balance look like to you?
- What type of company culture do you want to be a part of?
- How are you looking to grow?
Taking the First Steps to Your First Professional Position
With your ideals in mind- and a degree in hand- here are a few recommendations:
- Update and polish your resume. Does yours meet the 6-second review? Find out here!
- Research the available job openings in your area through credible job search sites such as LinkedIn and ZipRecruiter and work with local recruiting agencies, such as Charles Foster. Once you’ve identified the positions and companies that best align with your criteria, begin the process of applying per their specific requirements.
- Following your interviews, it’s always a nice touch to send a quick “thank you” e-mail within 24 hours. Let them know that their time was appreciated, and you look forward to hearing back from them soon.
- To stay organized, make a list of each company you’ve reached out to, including the contact, date submitted and any feedback. If you don’t hear back from a potential employer, feel free to reach out after 5 business days for an update.
Again, congratulations on graduating! For all of your employment needs or questions, contact us at Charles Foster today. We look forward to helping you find- and seize- the job you’ve been dreaming of. Best of luck!